Time To Elevate Our Food & Body Relationship
If you have ever:
- Felt scared to eat for fear of gaining weight
- Counted calories and then worked out make sure you burn more than you are eating
- Dieted and and restricted yourself from foods you love
- Achieved a weight and body you thought would be your “Dream Body” and still felt wildly unhappy and unsatisfied
- Binged on foods or had uncontrollable overeating and emotional eating
- Felt judged by how much you weigh or don’t weigh
- (Enter your Own Food-Body Related Challenge HERE)…
Then the first thing you need to know is… YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
Approximately 91% of women are unhappy with their bodies and resort to dieting to achieve their ideal body shape. Unfortunately, only 5% of women naturally possess the body type often portrayed by Americans in the media (1).
The 2nd thing you need to know… is that YOU’RE NOT WRONG.
In fact, whatever food or body challenge we have, we can learn to see it not as our problem… but as our body’s wise solution. When emotional and stressful events occur in life, as humans… we are drawn to some type of coping mechanism.
Since food LITERALLY physiologically brings us pleasure, it can become a coping mechanism. And as you continue reading these mini blogs of mine, I think you will have more and more of an understanding of your own personal journey with food and body.
I have developed a 7-step System to Elevating Your Food-Body Relationship. And today…
[wr_heading tag=”h1″ text_align=”inherit” heading_margin_top=”5″ heading_margin_bottom=”25″ font=”inherit” enable_underline=”yes” border_bottom_style=”solid” appearing_animation=”0″ disabled_el=”no” ]Step 1: REVEAL[/wr_heading]
Any transformation process, behavior change, mindset shift…. it starts by knowing where you are at now, and what the root issue is. So now it’s time for you to do some work… if you’re ready and feeling called to.
Grab a journal or blank piece of paper (doing this handwritten will be most powerful; computer or notepad on phone/tablet is ok, for you techy peeps who don’t even have a pen in your house ;p)
In as much detail as possible, go through the following prompts to discover your current relationship to food and body.
1. When you think about your body, what comes to mind?
2. When you think about food, what comes to mind?
3. When you think about exercise, what comes to mind?
4. Describe the first time you can remember having thoughts about how you look?
5. Describe any traumatic or stressful events that have ever taken place in your life, and how you feel you have coped with and accepted them.
6. How would you describe your current relationship with food and your body?
7. What is your ideal relationship with food and your body?
8. What do you think it will take to get there?
If you feel inspired, please leave a comment to let us know any insights you have and are willing to share from the journaling. And you are always welcome to send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT STEP 2!
Here’s to Your Body Honoring and Self Love!